What did you do to your pool today?

Then I painted my PVC and filter. Hayward filter housing was chalky on top. I’ve been meaning to do it for 6 years. Decided to just go over the SWCG and it’s unions.

There’s a whole lotta questions going on in this post.
1. Why is your pump and filter so high up?
2. Do you get vibration from that setup?
3. What are the 4 capped off lines for?

Got ready for a deluge of storms and rain that is forecast for today/tonight by bumping the FC way, WAY up. We hope to have a pool opening party this coming Saturday and the weather has me slightly concerned since some models are showing 10+ inches of rain in less than 24 hours (plus a high tornado threat) :oops: Hopefully, those models are way off the mark.

Ha! Yeah @Arizonarob

1. Why is your pump and filter so high up? Originally the pump and filter were on PT 6 x 6's which ended up getting buried about 2"+ below the top of the river rock. So the pump was perpetually damp on the bottom and was impossible/a pain to remove for winter give the river rock issue. Snow and leaves also settle in that area and melt slowly. Then I decided to get a robot so when I removed my booster, I had it all replumbed up higher. And I wasn't going to go too low, so I went on the high side. It actually works great. I don't have to bend down as far for anything pump/filter related. And since I remove my pump for winter, that's good.
2. Do you get vibration from that setup? No noticeable vibration. Filter is heavy full and pump piping from the pool side is rock solid. The base layer of landscape block is quite buried and stable. And the blocks sit 100% flat on each other. I didn't even glue them in case they weren't quite right, but I never will at this point.
3. What are the 4 capped off lines for? Two are for a solar line that now won't happen, going over to the pavilion area. Two others are conduits under the concrete wall that won't get used. Not sure where they terminated without reviewing old photos.

Ended my SLAM. Did an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and Passed! (.5 FC lost, 0 CC's) Clear water. Vacuumed up some sand/dirt in the pool that came out of my waterfall (last thing that needed cleaning, worked on that yesterday).

Now I'm on the home stretch to maintenance mode. I just need to do a final filter cleaning, up my CYA, and get a few bags of salt in the pool. Once the salt is ready I will dial in my pump run times and SWG chlorine settings. Maintenance mode will be nice after the last few weeks :cool:

Checked the chemicals after a very long, hard weekend of use. Out of town guests came in on Friday, had a party on Saturday, had storms and lots of rain Saturday night, more pool time Sunday and Monday, guests left this AM. Happy to report that the pool is still balanced and looks GREAT! Another testament to TFP being AWESOME!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wired up a temporary electrical connection to the auto cover. Hopefully the electrician will be here this week to install the permanent run. Put the canopies up so we have some shade at the pool. Watched my wife get in water that was way too cold for me.

Ran Wallee (the pool robot, named by youngest grandson), added 40# of salt, getting ready to add some chlorine so when the grandkids arrive after school they can hop in. Water temp over 87!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support