What did you do to your pool today?

Last night my iAqualink wouldn't control the pool heater. Worked fine from the panel on the heater but no joy on the app. Started with the simple stuff and quickly found the RS 485 signal wire was severed... looked like a weed eater got to it. Spliced with phone wire connectors. That should do 'till I replace the cable. Works now!

It's beautiful out today, but not very hot (it's 78 right now) and the pool was at 66 degrees this AM. Well...the wife has had a rough week at work, so what's the cure for that? Yep...a little "hot tub the pool" action thanks to the magic of natural gas. It's almost 5 PM and it's a nice warm 89 degrees in the pool. A couple more hours, and it'll be the biggest hot tub in the neighborhood! :)

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Cover removed Thursday, added water, balanced, turned on pump. Going to put on the solar cover today, purchase a new robot (old one died last year), and have solar cover reel coming soon.

Raining, but I have pump out some water. Supposed to be at least overcast, and rain on and off, until next Tuesday. Determined that the full opening will be the weekend of May 18. With the heater, I should have no issues in having the water in swimmable condition by Memorial Day.

Finally finished my rewire project. Solar controller now turns pump to high speed for solar and freeze protect, low speed for swg.
Just in time, woke up at 3 am looked at garage roof it was white with snow, except where solar panels were that was black. Life is good, now send me some sun.

7" rain last night and the pool is a cloudy mess. Water was to the top of the coping and there must have been runoff from the grass nearby getting in it.

Started the pump & polaris about 8 hrs early. Changed the nets in the skimmer baskets. Threw a pump in and brought the level down. Added 3 gal bleach that later tested at FC 6.5 / CC 0.5.

Need to add CYA and clean the pump's filters tomorrow. Crawfish boil next weekend so this water needs to clear up.

Opened the cover because it’s sunny and beautiful today after 3 straight days of rain. Removed the tail from the robot debris intake hole and turned him back on. He’s now getting all the corners and spots he missed from earlier today. I’m sitting in the sun on the new deck watching him work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Vacuumed, added chlorine, put the Robot in, replaced rotten deck boards on our deck, finished our privacy screen on one side, finished the rock bed around the pool, installed boxwoods, and mulched. VERY productive day!

Attachments

• 00E546D4-BFC6-4606-A25F-A478CD7A93E0.jpeg
    00E546D4-BFC6-4606-A25F-A478CD7A93E0.jpeg
    734.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 28FEA715-2CE0-44BE-9155-6073C593F702.jpeg
    28FEA715-2CE0-44BE-9155-6073C593F702.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 19
Had a decent weekend w/ pool related activities which culminated in running the heater a little yesterday and a nice little dip in the evening...it was heaven. Got some rain last night and the weather looks questionable the next few days, so probably won't be any pool "fun" to be had.

Also saw that the neighbor had the pool company come today and open the pool....and what a mess they have!!!

Yesterday, we were asked by friends of ours if they could use our pool/ waterfall for prom pictures. Of course, my wife (with zero input from me) said 'absolutely!'
5 couples plus parents , friends, etc taking pictures, I figure about 25 to 30 people will show up. So what is usually a casual transition from winterization to summer fun season, has turned into a 'get-it-done-NOW' scramble. I've got 3 days. Luckily when we opened the pool last week, the water was beautiful. Clear as could be and no issue. The surrounding area though, not so beautiful. I'm frantically mowing, mulching, planting, removing tarps, pressure washing the deck, furniture, outdoor rugs, a little painting, a little staining etc, etc, etc. so it all looks somewhat presentable. It's going to go down to the wire, but I think I can pull it off.

If it rains on Friday and they decide to do pictures elsewhere indoors, I'm headed straight to the local watering hole for a few stiff ones....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Susiejax
Sounds like your wife has pulled off the classic, "oh, it'll be nothing honey" on you. And she got her pool cleaned up FAST!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support