What did you do to your pool today?

Jeremy, you just toss the whole thing in the trash. Simple way to keep your filters from getting clogged up with debris. Keep in mind you’ll have to keep an eye on your skimmer basket, as it will need to be changed out more often depending on pool use by the pups.

Check out this thread here to get a look. (Scroll down to post #274, I can’t link it directly from my phone)
https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/1615-Tips-and-Tricks?p=1481887&viewfull=1#post1481887

��Gee does the “Lab Hairnets” in the description mean you can only use them for Labrador Retrievers? ��

Yes Jeremy...take out the hairnet and put in a new one. I check the skimmer baskets 2-3 times a week but usually only have to change once a week. Hairnets are cheap...

Soaked my legs for a bit while I watched the robot clean things up. Water at 68° is a bit hard to jump in...Fall/Winter is almost here, despite warm 80° weather. I am not sure how much I will be enjoying the pool until next spring.

At least it still looks good in the backyard.
IMG_20181103_165606456_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Completely turned off the SWG. I went out this morning as the ambient temp was 45 and the SWG display stated low salt/low temp. This was the first time I have ever had a display warning on the SWG, I suppose it was from the lower temperature and not due to having low salt???

I put a rock in them to keep them down. But make sure the rock is too big to get stuck in the plumbing. Not required.

Finally tested my pool after maybe 3 months, it's been a while. FC was 6.5 which I thought was going to be much higher so I tested CYA and TA as well. Some strange results my CYA was 0 (yikes) and PH was 7.4 (which I expected it to be higher with SWG running) Anyway added 2 gallons of liquid CYA, scrubbed the walls for the 1st time since mid summer, cleaned the filter for the 1st time in at least a month. Swam all afternoon and pool was fantastic. To note the pool has had a solar cover on since mid october so I usually don't need to test often if the SWG is running with no errors. Cover is back on.

Finished a year-long renovation of replacing all exposed PVC pipe, and replaced all bulkheads and couplings with new (and Indestructible!) Sch80 CPVC. PVC quite literally cooked in our desert heat and instead of circular, the pipes were oblong or oval causing leaks at the Sch40 couplings and bulkheads. Imagine pipe is a smattering of age from 7-31 years young. Easy and fun job.

Next stop painting the pipes. Only remaining /existing are exposed 90s going into the Jandy valves-new valve caps and gaskets and new NeverLube valve retrofits and also remaining are the copper ‘heat sink’ pipes coming off heater back to pool.

Last year began project by Replacing a leaking in floor cleaning IFC A&A valve and up and down pipes. Used 8 feet of PVC just for that small area of valve pipe and neatly tucked in using inner couplings to better hide the repair. So now 90% of exposed PVC is replaced. Some bulkhead couplings to pumps used unnecessary sections of 1.5” pipe, so removed and replaced with 2” to improve flow and head loss.

Corrected my PB’s incorrect wiring.

When installing my new EasyTouch automation, PB’s “electrician” wired my existing Intelliflo pump’s power through the Pool relay. To an amateur, this looks like the right thing to do, but we know it’s not. The pump communicates with the controller via serial cable & wants constant power. Now it has it.

Corrected my PB’s incorrect wiring.

When installing my new EasyTouch automation, PB’s “electrician” wired my existing Intelliflo pump’s power through the Pool relay. To an amateur, this looks like the right thing to do, but we know it’s not. The pump communicates with the controller via serial cable & wants constant power. Now it has it.

I feel like this one done with my set up too. How can I check confirm that? Just learning all these things now. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support