What did you do to your pool today?

Added more salt as it was a little depleted because I had to drain the pool a couple times last week due to excessive rain.

Added 32 oz of Bioguard Backup2 to beat these Backswimmers!! The Backswimmers are belly up now!! Also added 7 pounds of Supreme Plus to top off Borates to 50PPM,

Removed the sections of old wooden fence that my installers left leaning on my liner! No damage, thank goodness.

Added chlorine and installed my cooling device. Last nights rain/hail storm dropped the pool temp to 84 and maybe I can stay ahead of the Texas summer heat a bit. A big ol jug of muriatic acid is standing by for Ph increases....you can almost see it climbing...lol.
250D61BD-706D-4A4D-B534-94DE01D23863.jpg

Brushed, Vacuumed, and used net to clean pool (took less than 20 min cause pool was already looking so clean). Added Chlorine to bring my FC to 7pm... it was 6, but I like it at the high end of the range. Pool looking soooo clean. I felt like jumping in it but weather is a bit cold... Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit.

Checked FC (had to tone down the SWCG) and ph... Then the girls and I had a very nice swim and good we did cause its raining cats and dogs. Gotta love Texas weather!

Off
BkxSOaU5Sw+CPD1QNsqZMg.jpg

we go
v9Ri0XXbTm6+X%t+GXwdcw.jpg

touchdown :)
A9KtJMM+Q%OqrE6S11gPIg.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally finished laying tile. 60 had popped off or were so loose that I pulled them off. I still need to drain water and do grout. Trying to grout under water sucks and doing that many. I plan to pull water out and do it in one session and return the water.
Here is before and after. Grouting looks inconsistent because it is. The fast set sets so fast I can only mix up enough for 2 tiles at a time and I was using what was left over from each batch to grout tiles that were set the previous session. Top row is partially grouted and still have to work on getting the grout lines more consistent.

559bd155ce8481af5d17bb9c8c7ff2a9.jpg

daea76fb1210f226608ec6892ff9ccad.jpg

Bumped up my CYA last night so I should be at 80 but won't know for sure for a few days. Tossing Phin in the pool later for a dual run with the pleated filters to see how that goes. My new Taylor 9056 comparator will be here today so I will give that new toy a spin. Weather will be in the upper 90's today so we are swimming :)

Saw a bunny rabbit near my pool and chased it away (while in the rain); yelling at the top of my lungs and clapping my hands to scar it off. GET AWAY FROM MY POOL. Omg..I'm such an embarrassment for sure. Kids were laughing and hubby stood at the back doorway (hiding).

Got in and swam around with my CYA sock. Needed to add a bit, I’m slowly getting myself up to 70.

Scum bugs came today from Amazon so I put one in my skimmer.

And fished a slug out. Ewww. It wasn’t in there before the yard was mowed so the mower must’ve kicked it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support