What did you do to your pool today?

Looked at Gilligan

dbtgallery.php

Added acid, turned on waterfall, swam, TFPd. Tested the new PoolMath app one last time. Oops, is that a secret?

Depends on rain (lower TA) vs evaporation (higher TA)
Then
It depends how much rain the area gets
More rain lower TA in fill water
Less rain higher TA in fill water

We had a dry winter so evaporation pushed TA up and then spring with the solar cover being on for 2+ months almost stopped pH rise so less adding acid to lower pH.

The lakes are all full now so it should be fairly easy to keep TA down this summer. But, in past summers with drought and low lake water sitting there soaking in alkaline rocks and soil and evaporating off water ... bah.

Yesterday I vacuumed really well. I was able to take the pole off the vacuum head and slip it behind the steps so I could get the dirt out. It worked pretty well. Today we had wind and storms, though, so all that work for naught, basically. We managed to get a quick swim in after work before the storms rolled in.

caf143fe946dc1e01aceebaeaa49dd9a.jpg

OCLT measured as 0ppm :)

Let Mr T clean the pool last night for 2.5 hours and used the phone app to drive him up on my sun ledge this morning for extraction.

Water is crystal clear straight to the bottom. I think I see a little smudge on the Phillips head screw holding the main drain cover down ....

Weird weather here - >105F during the day but nights are going down to the 70's. Water temperature is cycling like mad - 86F by the end of the day and then cooling off to 80F by morning. I bet my auto fill pot runs like a leaky toilet bowl every night.

I think I see a little smudge on the Phillips head screw holding the main drain cover down ....

No smudge, it was a shadow cast by a tiny bug floating on the surface....water is so incredibly transmissive that even tiny specs can cast a shadow to the bottom.....that's some serious sparklipoolitis.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Took water out of the pool as it was overflowing and added chlorine to bump levels back up. We have 4.8 inches of rain this week and are expecting more this weekend :cheers:

Changed the hair nets, swam and now watching Earl do his thing. Also tested for the first time in six days. Took the salt cell up a smidge. Tough work. Phew.

81d6494f91b8d653cdd250633696d46d.jpg

I forgot all about how fun this thread is to see what you're all up to!

My pool projects haven't been in the pool per se...Retrofitted a variable speed motor to my pump finally (yay!) and copper painted/acid-treated some metal art for the start of a nautical mural on the barn/pool house:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support