What did you do to your pool today?

This past weekend I was able to test out my new toy I put together. Must say it worked flawlessly and I'm guessing it's going to get quite the work out this summer.

Cap%20Catcher.jpg

Power washed the deck, cleaned off some white build up around the spa. Looks like new. Actually got in with a temp of 78 - that is way below my typical minimum - only stayed in about 10 minutes, but felt good after several hours of work.

I discovered more work is needed on my robot. Easy stuff, but I guess the three to four year mark is where things start wearing out. In my conditions and hard use it's no surprise I guess. Updates to the refurb thread soon.

I literally took a tooth brush to my pool today. I found algae hiding around the step trim, return fittings, skimmer face plates, and some junk around the main drain covers. I was saddened, but happy I found it. I put the pump on high, put the pool cleaner in, and added 4 gallons of 12% liquid chlorine. I expect beauty in the morning! I've been running my pump 12hrs a day with the swg 100% and it's just been holding the FC. My CYA was a little low, so I bumped it up a few days ago. Hopefully between those two things I can get my SWG backed back down some. I usually have it running that much in late July and August.

I got in with my mask and snorkel to clean and my daughter said all you do is clean the pool. I said all you kids do is get it dirty. Oh well. I get bored on a float anyway, but maybe I'll be able to get on one if my 2yo will stop throwing stuff in the pool. A little hint for anyone who likes to explore the underwater world; take a little dish soap and rub inside the lenses of your goggles while they are dry, then dunk them once or twice in the pool. Viola! Fog free goggles. If you take them off a couple times you'll end up washing all the soap off, and they'll fog up again. Spit works in a pinch if you don't have dish soap handy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I ordered boric acid super cheap a couple hours ago. Got home to find my stairs stained, dirt on the shallow end of the pool, and the float broken off my 280 again. Guess I'll have to buy the stand pipe instead of super gluing it this time. At least the deep end is clean. I think the cleaner picked up the big stuff, and blew all the dirt up on the shallow end.
58e677bda03734df7eb61af607f2464b.jpg
b95b109ca1163c2d3d407cf66fa5c430.jpg
378efd206ea294d19bd542c0d027a213.jpg

Da da da another one bites the dust! I finally got my 3way light switch by the house wired for my pool light. No more dark creepy walk of shame out to the equipment pad for me. I'm not a fan of the switch cover though. I'm gonna replace it with one like I have at the pad so I can lock them out and still use my outlet that's on the same gfci.
789156e69d28d938e1bec28874c863e4.jpg
e1be0539ff45bfd05f0c6899c32a8706.jpg

I don't want one of the kids to hit the switch and have the pool light on all winter.

I think my Crystal ball is showing me a new robot in a Benton KY pool...:cyclopsani:

STOP IT! Don't you tempt me! If this thing ever goes boom, I'm gonna get one! The new dolphin with the phone control is exactly what I told the guy doing the market research two years ago that I wanted. You can all thank me for that one, And I'll gladly accept donations to buy my own. [emoji57]

STOP IT! Don't you tempt me! If this thing ever goes boom, I'm gonna get one! The new dolphin with the phone control is exactly what I told the guy doing the market research two years ago that I wanted. You can all thank me for that one, And I'll gladly accept donations to buy my own. [emoji57]

Beyond my control. I only report what it shows. Today, it's more clear, a man sitting next to a pool smiling with phone in hand...looking into his pool at something....waiting to see what it is.... :cyclopsani:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support