What can be done to shore up cracked concrete near pool edge?

May 28, 2018
Dalton, MA
I have a piece of concrete that is cracked at the edge of my pool. Part of the metal border that I'm assuming helps secure the liner is attached. Maybe 10 inches or so. Nothing is loose right now but my fear is that over the winter some moisture is going to get in there and perhaps cause an issue. My question is, can this at all be shored up relatively inexpensively? Meaning like a couple hundred bucks? I should probably mention that having the entire piece of concrete replaced is not an option for me presently, budget-wise. If I can't do it cheaply I'm unfortunately on God's good graces until I can sock away some extra funds. Hoping it won't come to that, though. I've attached a photo to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 32
@jimmythegreek @bdavis466 would hydraulic cement structurally shore up the cracking area?

I agree you need to fill cracked areas so water does not get in during the winter and freeze and crack.

I agree w bdavis an epoxy filler is the best approach. If you have any hairline cracks I would open them up with an angle grinder to give the caulking room to bite and seal. You definitely dont want that open thru the winter it will freeze and heave and cause serious damage

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.