What brand/type of salt do you recommend?

Thanks Joyful. Since i'm maintaining to TFP practices with regards to FC/CYA, the raised phosphate level isn't a huge issue?

You should be fine. If you maintain the usual 7.5% FC/CYA ratio, that should be sufficient to keep any algae from growing. Phosphates only become a problem when they are elevated (above 1000ppb) and if you don’t maintain an appropriate FC level.

Reactions: linuxninja00
Today I picked up 4 bags of the Diamond Crystal Pool Salt. I had to pick through them to find bags without holes, and they were on the middle shelf (I’m short, the bags heavy, no one around to help, it wasn’t pretty!). They were in the same location as the softener salt. The only softener salt I saw were the ones with additives.

I can already see the salt crystals are much larger then the stuff I use to buy. I see more stirring in my future.

Yesterday I added the first bag of this salt. Compared to what I was using, this salt is much dirtier (what impurities did I just add to my pool!?) and much slower to dissolve.

☹️

You should be fine. If you maintain the usual 7.5% FC/CYA ratio, that should be sufficient to keep any algae from growing. Phosphates only become a problem when they are elevated (above 1000ppb) and if you don’t maintain an appropriate FC level.
Along the same line, if I were to add salt with the Sodium Hexametaphosphate and followed with something like

Orenda Technologies PR-10000 Phosphate Remover
I assume I'd be all good... Thanks.

I know this post is old but wanted to share that I found the salt that was mentioned in the beginning at Rural King for $5.99/bag. I usually by the Aqua salt but am going to try my luck with this brand. It does not have the "stain fighter" that the Aqua Salt claims to have but I am not sure it matters in the long run.

Stay safe everyone!

I know this post is old but wanted to share that I found the salt that was mentioned in the beginning at Rural King for $5.99/bag. I usually by the Aqua salt but am going to try my luck with this brand. It does not have the "stain fighter" that the Aqua Salt claims to have but I am not sure it matters in the long run.

That looks like good pool salt at a good price.

I don't like "stain fighter" type additives. I think it is mostly marketing junk to try and differentiate a commodity product.

That looks like good pool salt at a good price.

I don't like "stain fighter" type additives. I think it is mostly marketing junk to try and differentiate a commodity product.

I avoid AquaSalt for that reason. No one, including the manufacturer, could tell me what “stainfighter” is added to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.