What brand sand filter should I get

What are the differences between the different brands, such as performance, durability, parts available for repair in the future. Right now in my area the ones available are the Carvin laser, Hayward sand filter and Hayward Pro sand filter. I have used a laser before but when the multiport valve started leaking the whole valve had to be replaced, but the Hayward has more replacement parts so it would be a cheaper repair in the future, but Hayward's cost more upfront, and I have herd that the new tanks have manufacturing problems and the tanks tend to break or leak. Is the quality different in the different brands or are they pretty much the same.

Right now in my area the ones available are the Carvin laser, Hayward sand filter and Hayward Pro sand filter.

In my view filters are a commodity and they are all basically the same. I would steer away from Jandy due to their use of more expensive proprietary parts like their combination relief valve and PSI gauge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.