What brand of polyquat would you recommend?

I want to say I have had an amazing pool year. Crystal clear water all summer. Minimal maintenance and cost. Today, I went to pool store (1st mistake) to buy algaecide. I was being lazy! Lady at the store kept insisting I needed their winter algaecide kit. Only way to buy in a kit with shock. She said regular algaecide won't work under 60 degrees. I corrected my mistake telling her I won't buy her kit. I never use their shock in my pool and will get my algaecide elsewhere. So.... Do algaecides so stop working under 60 degrees? I am going on line to shop. Also how much would I need to add to my pool? About 23,000 gallons.

Do algaecides so stop working under 60 degrees?
It is not algaecide that stops working, it is algae that will not thrive and grow in these conditions.

Now, how would a pool store employee know these type of facts? Did she show you scientific evidence, and/or something written by a well known chemist?

If you wait until water is consistently under 60 degrees with a solid cover, there is no need for Poly 60, only the need to bring the chlorine level up to SLAM before closing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.