Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2016
MARION, IL
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi!

We opened our pool on May 25. Everything looked really clear by 5/26. Even so, we kept waiting until we passed the overnight chlorine test before we stopped slamming. But now, even though the pool looks crystal clear...absolutely beautiful...it's eating chlorine. We haven't put the steps or railing in yet. I've only been brushing weekly the last couple of weeks, but I don't notice that I'm stirring up anything (like when you have that cloud of green trailing the brush). Here are our numbers:

CYA 35
pH 7.6
TA 70
CH 20

We've increased back up to a SLAM goal of 14, but our FC keeps dropping to 0. What are we missing? Is there likely some hidden algae somewhere that's gobbling it up? The temps have been pleasantly warm in the upper 70's and 80's.
As always, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Jill

When did you last check your CYA? You need 40 ppm or so for the summer to keep your daily FC losses in the 2-4 ppm range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.