What are the voltage requirements of Pentair 522473

clafa

May 12, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

First post here :)

I have a Pentair Suntouch controller and just bought a Pentair Chlorine tank with PUMP (model 522473). As i understand it this chlorine tank needs an "newer" model of Automation controller to work worth $1,000...and out of my budget.

So, I was wondering if I can just connect it to an arduino to control the (voltage/electricity) to the pump to turn on and Off.

Does anyone know if the Pump works with DC or AC, and if it's DC what Volts and amps?

Thanks everyone,

Chris

Chris,

I found a manual for this and can't find anything on the voltage... sort of amazing they don't give better instructions but based on the diagram it looks like the power comes from the power center and is most likely providing 110 v. Can you look at the pump motor for voltage? Either way a home made Arduino, or any diy electronics board such as Raspberry Pi should work. How sophisticated do you want to go? Are you thinking of hooking it up to a CL probe or do you just want a timer function? There are inexpensive timers already available at very cheap price. The probe would need a simpe 4-20 ma control circuit. I haven't done much work with these but I've seen several available for free that should do the trick.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Chris,

I found a manual for this and can't find anything on the voltage... sort of amazing they don't give better instructions but based on the diagram it looks like the power comes from the power center and is most likely providing 110 v. Can you look at the pump motor for voltage? Either way a home made Arduino, or any diy electronics board such as Raspberry Pi should work. How sophisticated do you want to go? Are you thinking of hooking it up to a CL probe or do you just want a timer function? There are inexpensive timers already available at very cheap price. The probe would need a simpe 4-20 ma control circuit. I haven't done much work with these but I've seen several available for free that should do the trick.

I hope this helps.

Chris

thanks Chris,

so I called Pentair Tech support and they mentioned its a 24V DC pump, I am going to check the actual pump motor just to confirm,

Thanks
Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.