What are the purpose of these Ortega valves?

If you click share, get links, copy the IMG code and paste it in your thread the pic will show up in your thread and people won't have to click out of TFP to view the pic.

Like this

Those are not Ortega check valves, they look like shut off valves to shut off flow either to or from the pool/spa.

If you click share, get links, copy the IMG code and paste it in your thread the pic will show up in your thread and people won't have to click out of TFP to view the pic.

Like this

Those are not Ortega check valves, they look like shut off valves to shut off flow either to or from the pool/spa.

Thank you. When and or under what what circumstances would I need to turn shut off flow to the pool or spa?

Most likely only if you ever needed to change the pump or heater or something if there aren't valves up by the equipment pad. Are those under the pool deck near the pool? Maybe somebody repaired a leaky pipe or something in the past.

Yeah, to clarify when I said they aren't ortega valves I meant they aren't ortega valves with built in check valves. They are ortega diverter valves.

Good catch Richard!

When you want to use the spa turn both handles to spa, otherwise leave in that position to circulate pool. They are just an older version of the three way valve, water comes up from the center under the valves and then is diverted one way or the other depending on direction of handle

Most likely only if you ever needed to change the pump or heater or something if there aren't valves up by the equipment pad. Are those under the pool deck near the pool? Maybe somebody repaired a leaky pipe or something in the past.

got it and thanks!

Yes,they are under the cement deck and there are no other valves above ground by my equipment. I'm thinking I should install some?

- - - Updated - - -

It looks to me like it says Pool under the handle. In which case, those are three-way valves.

Edit: could be this: Valve,3 Port Positive, Ortega - G62131 - INYOPools.com

yes sir, written in sharpie under both handles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you want to use the spa turn both handles to spa, otherwise leave in that position to circulate pool. They are just an older version of the three way valve, water comes up from the center under the valves and then is diverted one way or the other depending on direction of handle

so is this correct?

when I turn the lower valve to "spa" it activates the jets. When I turn the upper valve to "spa" it causes warm water from the heater to flow into spa? I can't test my upper valve theory because my heater hasn't work since I bought this house in 2008...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.