What are safe levels for pool chemicals. We are ready to swim. :)

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Is your pool oval or rectangular? -- Sorry I see rectangular ---

I have a feeling you will need to drain some water to lower your salinity so the SWCG will work. What SWCG is it?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Based on your pool volume (4800 gallons) and that your pool water started with some salt, you should have started with about 120 lbs of salt and then added at about 10 lbs at a time until the SWCG would work.

Reactions: Casey

Robert71008

Jun 17, 2020
West Monroe, Louisiana
Based on your pool volume (4800 gallons) and that your pool water started with some salt, you should have started with about 120 lbs of salt and then added at about 10 lbs at a time until the SWCG would work.
krystal clear saltwater system
model CS8110
Ok, tomorrow I’ll will drain about 20% and refill. How much chemicals will I need after refilling?
I really appreciate your help.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Looking at the manual, you need to shot for 3000 ppm. Try the 20% drain and refill and see if it works.

After you do the drain/refill, add your 4 oz of dichlor.

Have you decided what test kit you will get?

Robert71008

Jun 17, 2020
West Monroe, Louisiana
Looking at the manual, you need to shot for 3000 ppm. Try the 20% drain and refill and see if it works.

I thinking about getting the Taylor K-1004 or the HDX pool and spa basic 5 test kit for now. The HDX is in stock a Home Depot.

Last edited:

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Either of those kits are fine. Just realize if your pool turns cloudy or algae shows up, you will be draining your pool and starting over.

Robert71008

Jun 17, 2020
West Monroe, Louisiana

I thinking about getting the Taylor K-1004 for now
Either of those kits are fine. Just realize if your pool turns cloudy or algae shows up, you will be draining your pool and starting over.
I am confused. How do I prevent the algae from happening?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
You must keep your FC above minimum for your CYA at all times. Brush your pool regularly. And then, you should be able to keep your pool algae free.