What are Liquid Chlorine Addition Rates?

bkrepfle

Jul 15, 2020
Talleyville, DE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
All;

I finally have some liquid chlorine on my hands and I'm looking to add some to my pool, not to SLAM but just to bring my pool into recommended range of recommended levels based on CYA. This will require adding approximately 3 - 5 ppm of FAC into the pool. I have 7.5% sodium hypochlorite bleach and I have a 7000 gallon pool. Anyone have any suggestions? Example, how much bleach takes 1 ppm in a 10,000 gallon pool? With some sort of a baseline I should be able to roughly figure out how much I should be using. I obviously don't want to over-do it and I don't want to have to burn through reagents by testing the pool every couple of hours. Thanks in advance!

Use PoolMath. Available in web format (see link at bottom of any page for "Old PoolMath Webpage") or get the app for Android or iOS. Here is an example calculation on the app for a 7000 gallon pool:
Screenshot_20200913-085245.png

Has calculations for adding other chemicals like to adjust pH or TA, if you subscribe to the app for like $10 a year it also has unlimited pools (free is limited to a single pool) and unlimited test records, which is handy for seeing when you added what or tracking how much of something you added over a month or year or similar.

Use pool math. I prefer the iPhone app, but you can also go to:

iOS app:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.