Lexington, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I noticed some buildup on the bottom of the pool yesterday and snapped some pictures. My chlorine level has remained relatively high all winter and water has been crystal clear. I would see some build up on the bottom after about a weeks time and just assume it's dirt. I'd run the dolphin weekly and never really see anything but some sand, teeny worms, and small debris. I also brushed about once a week to remove what dolphin missed and just go around the pool. Water has been, and is still crystal clear, but now today, there is a lot of build up on the bottom. Do I need to slam again already? Last year I slammed in August and then again in November. I have slowly let the chlorine numbers come down since I last slammed in October. I removed my SWCG in November and reinstalled it this weekend since our temps have started coming up a bit. I only seem to keep the build up away on the bottom when I slam and then when it comes down to normal levels, I get this build up again. I just don't understand what I am missing?

Attachments

• 2.28.2021 water 3.jpg
    2.28.2021 water 3.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.28.2021 water.jpg
    2.28.2021 water.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.28.2021 water2.jpg
    2.28.2021 water2.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.1.2021 water.jpg
    3.1.2021 water.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.1.2021 water2.jpg
    3.1.2021 water2.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.1.2021 water3.jpg
    3.1.2021 water3.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 13
Your Poolmath logs show you have skirted the minimum FC for your CYA a number of times. Some pools are very susceptible to algae and you should try using the lower target FC for your CYA as your minimum. Remember, during the winter, you follow the NON-SWCG FC levels.

I did not realize I needed to follow the NON-SWCG FC levels during the winter. Lesson learned there. I think that's where I went wrong for sure. Oh well, looks like I'm becoming a professional slammer. Off to get more bleach tomorrow!

On a side topic, my chlorine beaker as become pretty stained. Is there anyway to clean the residue or should I just get a new one?

Bleach will normally clean the vial. Alcohol has also been used to clean them.

You follow the SWCG chart when using the SWCG. Once it is turned off, follow the NON-SWCG chart.

Reactions: Cbarber623
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.