"What a Long Stange Trip It's Been" Zappafan Pool Build

Re: "What a Long Stange Trip It's Been" Zappafan Pool Build

That is my "Libation Ledge". I am 6'-4" and the shallow end is 3'-2" so this gives me a spot to hang out.
Is that a step down into the deep end? I've never seen this in a liner pool... It looks kinda cool.

As far as your liner being too blue compared to the other one, give it a summer or two and it will lighten up. They always lighten up and fade a bit.

Well that is the thing the 1st one was only in for 1 season.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. It is a Tara liner the border is Mayan and the bottom is sandstone.
Loved your story and your liner! Is it the Santa Cruz and Sandstone? Do you like the color of the water with the liner?
Enjoy your pool!:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Dave,

What do you think about the color of the water?

Yes the water was filled from my tap both times. This year the water did not seem to have as much of a green tint to it as it did last year. We were on the last day of the fill and by the time I got home my PB had thrown in 5 gal of 12.5% at least he did not add all the other garbage so I really did not get the first touch on the water. I asked him if he put anything else in there. As far as the darker verses lighter color usually the darker colors absorb heat more readily. In either case I am getting ready to start a new project...Solar Heat. I think I will start a new thread for that one. LOL!:D
Did you fill the pool with same source of water? I like the color these liners give, at first i was sceptical but it was my pool builder that recommended it saying it would help warm the water better vs a traditional blue liner.

Re: "What a Long Stange Trip It's Been" Zappafan Pool Build

You can take your water to the pool store for the metal test. That is one thing they are half way good with :rolleyes:

Kim

How about I send you a water sample can take it to the pool store? I'm not goin there!!!HaHa! :pirat:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I had been following so many other builds, it made me want to share my own.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Lots of planning. I literally spent a couple of years looking at it and saving money to do it. The salesman at the business where I purchased the block said he had never had a homeowner purchase that many (700) blocks without being associated with a builder. He asked if I would send him pictures. I was just in there last week and he still remembered my name. Nice guy.

Incredible transformation. Well done and a great lesson in how good planning, patience and small bites can ease the scale of large projects.

That little ledge is cool. I've never seen that done. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.