What a great site and pool care process!

Jul 1, 2018
Mobile/AL
We've had our pool for about 8 years now, and we recently replaced the liner. After struggling to get the new water lined out using the old way, Tri-Clor (Frog) and Cal Hypo powder for shock, I began looking around for a better way. I found TFP and began reading the great educational material on the site. I decided to try with nothing to lose, and I am so glad that I did. I bought a Taylor K-2006C Test Kit and SLAM'ed the pool based on the results. The key for me was finding that my CYA was on the higher side and adjusting the Chlorine additions (during the SLAM and after) based on the Chlorine/CYA chart on the site. I've been going about 4 weeks now using the TFP process, and I just couldn't be happier. Our pool is more crystal clear EVERY DAY than it ever has been in 8 years. It is eye opening to go back and use the Aqua Test Strips that I have always used and see them tell me my CYA is LOW when I now know that it is HIGH based a real pool test kit. I just can't say enough about how much I appreciate the site and what I have learned here. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

You may have all ready read these but just in case -- I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum viable operating without advertisements.

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!