Wet Edge Luna Quartz "Madagascar"...plaster color guidance

Metal

Mar 3, 2021
TX
Greetings! Reaching the next step in our pool construction. Would love to see ANY pictures and hear experiences of anyone who has Wet Edge Luna Quartz "Madagascar" plaster in their pool. We like the darker color as well as the the possibility of the pool being warmer but want to make sure it looks good installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Madagascar.jpg

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 19
Here is a link to a thread started to share plaster colors: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off

I wish I could find a pool done a while ago that used that plaster. Her installers were top notch and it came out GREAT! BUT it is all in the installers care and experience THEN how it is started the moment water hits it. The darker the plaster the more any faults in the installation shows. I would ask your PB which plaster installers he will be using and if they have done any dark plasters then ask to go see it.

Kim:kim;

Reactions: Metal
I have found that plaster color is just one variable in the water color equation. We have Wet Edge Blue Ocean, its not as blue as we had hoped. Depending on cloud cover and time of day, the brown fence around the pool, the grass around the pool, and the trees behind the pool it can be anywhere from turquoise to deep blue. Yours will definitely look great installed, and if you follow TFP procedures when taking care of your pool, all your guests will be amazed how a dark bottom pool can be so clean and clear. I will say my darkish bottom pool does show dirt on the bottom more than my friends lighter pools. So you will definitely want a robot and follow the guidance here to keep it clean.

Reactions: Metal
I have found that plaster color is just one variable in the water color equation. We have Wet Edge Blue Ocean, its not as blue as we had hoped. Depending on cloud cover and time of day, the brown fence around the pool, the grass around the pool, and the trees behind the pool it can be anywhere from turquoise to deep blue. Yours will definitely look great installed, and if you follow TFP procedures when taking care of your pool, all your guests will be amazed how a dark bottom pool can be so clean and clear. I will say my darkish bottom pool does show dirt on the bottom more than my friends lighter pools. So you will definitely want a robot and follow the guidance here to keep it clean.t th
Hi there...we are going back and forth on some plasters and Wet Edge Blue Ocean is at the top of our list. We are hoping it trends more toward "blue" versus a green turqoise color. Any chance you could post more pics of your pool? Would love to see it, especially any shallow parts of your pool (we have a sun deck). Thanks in advance!

Hi there...we are going back and forth on some plasters and Wet Edge Blue Ocean is at the top of our list. We are hoping it trends more toward "blue" versus a green turqoise color. Any chance you could post more pics of your pool? Would love to see it, especially any shallow parts of your pool (we have a sun deck). Thanks in advance!
I'll try to get some this afternoon and post up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.