Wet and Forget product?

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Hey y’all!

It’s swimming time in Florida already. Yay! But my patio looks terrible! Boo!

At the end of last summer I sprayed everything down with bleach and a lot of areas are dingy already. Also the white screen enclosure cage is green and streaky on the large beams.

My sister was telling me about a product called Wet & Forget and it sounds like just the thing. Their FAQ says it’s safe if overspray goes in the pool, but what do the TFP experts say? And if you’ve used it, does it really work as well as they say?

I use Wet & Forget around my house anywhere I see mold or mildew on stone or siding. It is magical in its effectiveness. It inhibits new growth a lot longer then bleach or power washing.

It is safe to get overspray in pools. All it does is change the pH of surfaces that kills mildew and mold. A bit in your pool is diluted by the volume of your pool water.

Reactions: CFlaPool and MeSue
I use Wet & Forget around my house anywhere I see mold or mildew on stone or siding. It is magical in its effectiveness. It inhibits new growth a lot longer then bleach or power washing.

It is safe to get overspray in pools. All it does is change the pH of surfaces that kills mildew and mold. A bit in your pool is diluted by the volume of your pool water.
That great to hear. Gonna have to get some and give it a try around here.

Dilute it 5:1 like the directions say. I mix it in a 2.5 gallon garden sprayer and walk around the house wetting down any green or black I see.

Reactions: MeSue
I used it on travertine wasn't that impressed. Green moss on your driveway it works it really depends, black stuff on driveway not really. There is a residue that is left behind easy to remove but you will need to.

Reactions: MeSue
I just bought some at Costco. I was hoping it would clear the dark mildew grime from my driveway. Has anyone else better luck than mojo? Anyone tried it in a hose end sprayer? Update: Just read not to use in standard hose-end sprayer.

Last edited:
I just bought some at Costco. I was hoping it would clear the dark mildew grime from my driveway. Has anyone else better luck than mojo? Anyone tried it in a hose end sprayer? Update: Just read not to use in standard hose-end sprayer.

Follow the application directions.

It takes time to work, days or a week or more. It is not a cleaning solution where you spray it on and the dirt is gone. It works like chlorine with algae and kills the mildew over time. Then it can take some rain to clear the dead stuff.

It does not kill our apparently tougher west coast algae. It's advertised as a stain remover, not a killer. I have tried it at 5x and 3x dilutions with little to show for my efforts.
Wet & Forget also makes a shower stall cleaner which also doesn't work for me.

It does not kill our apparently tougher west coast algae.

It works by changing the pH of the area so the mold or mildew cannot survive. Sometimes it takes multiple applications. It works in a different way then chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I mis-typed. I have been trying to use it against moss on my deck, not algae. What can I say, it just doesn't work for me. (And I caught your quick edit. ;) )

I have been using Wet and Forget for years. The label used to day for moss and mildew. Recently they added algae to the label. I don’t know where you would have algae stains on hard surfaces that this might work.

Wet and Forget is for surface “stains” on dry hard surfaces. It doesn’t work on areas that are constantly wet. Best to apply it on a sunny dry day where it will not rain for 24-48 hours.

Last edited:
I found this stuff on this site. I put very little faith in something u spray and do nothing. I’m old school like my Italian grandmothers and my mom was. You got the scrub the tar off something to clean it right on ur hands and knees. Lol

I used it last year. Holy cow. Awesome! And nothing grew back either like mentioned. I love it.
I came on here last year and asked the exact same thing about my water. They got us trained well here. Nothing in that pool you don’t know!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.