Well water

Miccat9

May 15, 2022
Michigan
Last year, every time we filled the pool with our well water, it turned green in a day. We shocked it and it turned brown. Did this twice and gave up.

This year I want a dang pool. It's a little 10 footer. Just filled it today. Nice new well water. What do I use? Do I use something that removes metals, and a chlorine tablet, or...? Need to establish something ASAP, as it will be green soon.

Sounds like your well is full of Iron. Chlorine causes iron to turn brown. We can help you remove the iron from the water.

Maddie :flower:

Last year, every time we filled the pool with our well water, it turned green in a day. We shocked it and it turned brown. Did this twice and gave up.

This year I want a dang pool. It's a little 10 footer. Just filled it today. Nice new well water. What do I use? Do I use something that removes metals, and a chlorine tablet, or...? Need to establish something ASAP, as it will be green soon.
Shocking will turn your water brown. That is a curse and an opportunity. When the water is brown you can mechanically remove iron with poly fill (see post above).
What are you using for testing? How your CYA look like?
Do you drain it on the end of the season?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.