Well water in pool is cloudy

mudpie13

Aug 19, 2009
Just trying to help my daughter so I don't have all her test results, but wondered if anyone here has any experience with well water and why her pool is so cloudy (white looking). It appears her chlorine level is good and ph is stable. Can anyone direct me to prior posts or info? :cry:

RobbieH

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
Can you post a complete set of test numbers? It's hard to say what the problem is until we know what the pool's chemistry is. A picture might help, too.

mudpie13

Aug 19, 2009
Sorry, I'm at work now and my daughter lives an hour away. I feel sorry for her; she's done all sorts of tests etc., added chemicals, floc, whatever! She's jealous of my pool, which is so clear and beautiful thanks to changing from Baquacil to chlorine! I just wondered if someone would have an idea about the first step I should take in trying to help!

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
The first step.........IS.......... a good set of water tests. Sounds like she's already spent enough time and money TRYING.

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Water test..I use well water.no problem's.but, you have to remember city water is control's level's&are adjusted automatic..Well, water is straight from ground.So yes ,It is very imortant to have a good water test kit to control level's&adjust.