We'll Take Care Of It ... Trust Me They Said

so our plaster was put in six days ago. you can see the issues we've had in the last week with PB including opening of the pool in our build thread.

today I did our first full readings. been watching it, but since PB is no where to be found and the weekend is almost here, screw em. I am going to take over.

FC - 0
Ph - 8.0
TA - 110
CYA - 20
CH - 200
Salt - 3400

so I am guessing Ph and then adding some bleach (the good stuff) first and then I need to go find some CYA.

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.57.24 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t lower your pH much. For the first 30 days you want your CSI to be between 0 and +0.5 for best plaster curing.

See ...

Who put salt in your new pool? Salt should not be added for 28 days. What startup guide are you using?

Last edited:
DJ,

I agree with Allen on the pH.. Even after the initial 30 days, most SWCG pool like their pH to be 7.8, so I would not try to hold it at 7.5, it is just a waste of time and MA..

I would go ahead and add Liquid Chlorine to get your FC up to about 3 or 4 ppm..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Don’t lower your pH much. For the first 30 days you want your CSI to be between 0 and +0.5 for best plaster curing.

See ...

Who put salt in your new pool? Salt should not be added for 28 days. What startup guide are you using?

it wasn't me for sure!!!! PB did it and I was very PO'ed about it. check out my build thread on the last page.
Finally Broke Ground On It!! The Saga Continues.

so PB says I really need to add salt to the pool. I argue that we should wait 30 days. of course he has already added salt on day 3 so there's that.

so I went researching SGM who is the manufacturer of our plaster. I read their requirements of installing and best practices for water quality. It says on their site salt on day 28, but it doesn't say when it is OK to add it.

I shot them an email.

I was reading over your Initial Fill and Balancing and Optimum Pool Chemistry Conditions for Sapphire Bay.

I was curious as to when to add salt to the pool? I do see where it says after day 28 what the salt levels should be.

So I am taking it for granted that there should be no salt added for the first 28 days?

Thanks for the clarification.

Their reply:

You can add salt on day three. Most chlorine generators require 3000-3500 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.