Costa Rica
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I experience today one of the most baffling issues in all the months i have had my pool. I always fill the pool from a water feature that connects directly to my irrigation system, so that i control the fill time from my irrigation app. Today for the first time I decided instead to use the fill valve the PB left by the pool equipment pad (i have no autofill system). As soon as I opened the valve I immediatly lost prime. I know for sure I'm opening the right valve and I know it was not a fluke as I tried it a few times. This in my mind has no explanation. Anyone would want to volunteer an explanation? Either I'm an idiot and I'm missing the obvious or this should somehow be in the bad pool building hall of fame. Not the first time it has been the former though so...

Hi. A pump loses prime when air enters it on the suction side. Saying why that happened here is a total guess with what you've provided so far. Pictures of the plumbing might be helpful. Have you asked the PB?

This valve you speak of is by any chance on the suction side of the pump before the pump? Possibly is there to fill the pump for priming purposes when you connect a hose up to it from a water source. Connecting a hose not from a water spigot will pull in air.

Thanks for the responses and never mind. My son was playing a prank on my by opening the filter pressure valve every time I open the pool fill valve. He told me after watching me posting here. Good prank though...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.