Daphne AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We have been having great luck with our Intex 12x24 Saltwater pool this summer in coastal Alabama. As new pool owners, and new to the south, it's been surprisingly easy to keep the pool water crystal clear. I check the chlorine and pH daily, but the other day it was suddenly at almost zero. So I checked the CYA and it was really low. I added the stabilizer and my levels are back up, all readings look good but it's pretty cloudy. And then today, there is this weird blue plastic looking stuff floating all over the water. We did just put on a cheap blue solar cover last week. I thought maybe it was pieces of the cover coming off, but I can't find where it would be coming from when I inspect the cover.
I'm wondering if it could be a reaction between the plastic cover and the stabilizer I added? Honestly it just looks and feels like tiny plastic pieces but I'm baffled because I don't know where they would be coming from. Maybe I'm just a complete idiot.

Attachments

• 20190912_131018.jpg
    20190912_131018.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 35
If its the cover, usually you have perfect little circles of plastic. Just the tops (bottoms i guess ?) of the bubbles. Unless its some chemical reaction like you said.

Looks like residue from manufacturing.
My current cover is on it's last days and you do see the circles coming off but I'm also seeing pieces of the cover
coming off too...just like that photo.

I had forgotten to come back and check for responses here. OMG, too funny, YES, frogabog, it was actually pool noodle chunks! The pool noodles weren't anywhere near the pool, I hadn't realized the kids friends had drug them out there on that same day and made a mess of things. It just coincided with the day we put the cover on for the first time, and also when we had added the stabilizer, and it took me a few days to figure out what had happened when I stumbled upon the crumbling noodle!!!! I felt SO dumb!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.