Weird angled roof - pool heating panels

acostin

Apr 17, 2021
Los Gatos
Hi,

I have a weird angled roof that doesn't have enough space for panels (the one available is used for electric panels)

We want to install some solar panels for the pool, but the only way possible seem to install them at a 45 degrees angle - I assume this also means that they will have to be installed in a series. I'm meeting a company for a quote right now but wanted to learn more about what's possible because some others didn't bother to even quote me

Is this technically possible?
Will it look super weird?
Any gotchas?

Thanks.

Alexandru
1618681930538.png1618681994141.png

Hello,
There is space on the ground in the side yard and I got the same advice from a local installer. We have approximately 150 sqft available, facing south.
1618847029499.png

We don't want to install it in the main backyard as it will look ugly.

A

Last edited:
I also tried to play with a new setup using 6ft wide panels (4 + 2 x 1ft elements). In this setups, the panels will be positioned on the roof top in a small bump. The ones on the lower porch roof get some shade in the evening but good sun during the day.

1618845976691.png1618846927767.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.