Weir door broke off

acpie360

Gold Supporter
Jun 18, 2017
CA
I think it is made by Pentair. There is a pattern number PAT. 2701235 printed on one side and another number 8650-4 on the back. The door measures about 8 1/4" x 5".

1CLonGJ.jpg

HwKAJRn.jpg

Where can I order a replacement? Any tips on replacing it? Thanks.

When we moved into our house the ca. 1980's pool was missing the weir door completely. I was able to figure out that it was this same model (or very similar). The "SQ" symbol is Swimquip, which I guess Pentair bought at some point. In any case, there are two screws for the hinge plate that go into the bottom of the skimmer opening. The best way to replace the door is to remove those two screws and replace both the door and hinge bracket. I don't recall exactly, but you might be able to detach the two parts, install the hinge bracket and then attach the door to that.

Last edited:
Hey, guys, thanks for all the replies. In my case, the old hinge was mounted vertically using just one screw at the center. I couldn't see the whole thing last night.
xH3N00u.jpg

It looks like the assembly has two parts 8650-4 for the flap and 8650-8 for the hinge. If I am not mistaken, the whole assembly is P/N 8650-0022. I just ordered on from Amazon.

Thanks again!

It is interesting to learn that without the weir door, the pump, even running at full speed, doesn't seem to generate much of the surface velocity to suck debris in. There must be some kind of science behind that :)

The weir door makes the water in the skimmer 'lower' than the pool water. That creates the illusion of velocity.

If you can't find a direct replacement, I've had good luck so far with the "blue devil" or similarly named from amazon. They are universal fit. Work well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VTG6TU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Looks like mine - have to order a new one every year or two. I've noticed that there's no 'lip' for keeping it from going to far forward and it breaks those tabs that hold it in place. I rigged up something to keep it from going to far forward when the kids were cannonballing and seems to have reduced the need to replace as much... hope that helps

Dang - just noticed the problem was from 2019... hope you got it fixed :ROFLMAO:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.