Week over week change and Chlorine usage.

Aug 12, 2018
Central NJ
Hi,
Last Saturday I did my first test using TF100 kit.
I got :
FC 0.5
CC 0.5
Calcium 350
TA 150
CYA 65
PH 7.2

Today I got:
FC 3.5
CC <0.5
Calcium 300
TA 140
CYA 58
PH 7.5

Water temperature is about 75-78.
Does the number change make sense? The CYA dropped from 65 to 58 in a week? Did I do the test right?
For the past week, I tried to keep the FC level. I add chlorine almost every day, targeting 6-8 ppm by pool math. It looks like during the day time it drops around 3 ppm and during night time it drops about 1 ppm. Is this normal? Or the chlorine usage is high and there must be some algae in my pool? Water looks a little bit cloudy and green at the deep side. What should I do next? Keeping adding chlorine to it?
Please help and thank you in advance.

You need to SLAM the pool, see my signature. Following this process will clear the pool and return it to using normal chlorine amounts. You have the best tool for the job, the TF-100, so just read up and get to work. If you have any questions we are here to help.

Always round up to the next level for the CYA test. If it is higher than 60 then consider it 70, don't try to guess a number that is in-between the lines. With a CYA level of 60 to 70 it would be ideal if you drained some water to lower the CYA to 30-40 range before you start the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.