Weatherking heater FLO MODE and pentair easy touch configuration

Craisondigital

Dec 6, 2021
Florida
My heater is piped only to my spa and not my pool. Before today in order to use my spa, I would hit the spa jet button on easy touch and the heater would kick on automatically to the temp I had set on the heater.. The heater would turn off when the spa jets were turned off. I didn't have communication between heater and easy jet. The screen on the heater would say Flo..

Today, I had someone try to connect the communication between heater and easy touch so that all was controlled threw easy touch. (he was then going to repipe so the heater would heat the pool also) HOWEVER..

After hooking up the communication cable and going threw the heater steps he couldn't get it to work.

Now after disconnect communications cable, the spa heater now needs to be turned on manually, it no longer works in Flo mode. If I turn the temp on the it comes on even with no water going to it. It then turns off with HP flashing and only the fan stays on.

Is there a way to reset the heater or get I back to the Flo mode?

Model: W6350TI-E

Welcome to TFP.

We need to know what communications cable he tried to connect to where on the EasyTouch and your HP?

And what he disconnected or changed when he started.

If not we need to start from the beginning and you need to post pics of your EasyTouch panel showing the inside wiring.

It looks like the WeatherKing HP was acquired by Raypak. I can't find a manual online for the 6350. Raypak now has the 6450 model. See page 46 in https://s3.amazonaws.com/AWSProd/sites/raypakcom/documents/6000.56.pdf and see if it matches what you find in your box.

Last edited by a moderator:
C,

Assuming that you were never using the EasyTouch to control your heater, then the problem has to be in the heater setup..

If all else fails you can try this..

Set Factory Defaults.
If programming is messed up and no operation can reliably be made, the control board can be reset to Factory Default values as noted in Table D, E or F. This operation changes all adjustable settings to factory default settings. Enter the Installer/Service Mode by holding the MENU and UP buttons for 3+ seconds. Scroll through the information until you reach the “Installer Menu” screen - press the UP or DOWN button until YES appears on the 2nd line. Press the MENU button to access the additional Service information. Continue to press the MENU button until “Set Factory Defaults” appears on the display. Press and hold the UP and DOWN button for 5 seconds to reset the control to factory defaults. The display will read “Defaults Set” when completed

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.