Weather and Dolphin power supply

Jun 23, 2017
Sparta, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've read both here and in the Dolphin robot instructions that the power supply is water resistant not waterproof and so shouldn't be left out in the rain. I'm planning on putting our new Maytronics Active 30 in the pool tomorrow for the first time. However, we're expected to get rain on and off during the day and I'm working from home so I can't guarantee I can run out if I see it start raining.

What do people do with their power supplies (which will be sitting on the caddy) while the robot is actually in the pool doing its thing? I can forsee, in some distant future, us being out and about during the day while the robot cleans the pool and I'm not sure what I'm meant to do to protect my investment.

Someone posted a plastic container of some sort they cut out to fit the cords through but that would still keep the controller dry.

W,

It just needs to be protected from a torrential downpour.. It can get wet, just not soaking wet.

Just make sure whatever you use allows plenty of air to circulate around the power supply, and never set it on the ground or decking.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.