Ways to perform pressure test during pool build?

Mar 29, 2020
MO
I am a new pool owner and our PB identified a leak in one of our bubblers while on. Now to find where it is leaking specifically. My PB did this by way of a pressure test but until this recent test there were no ‘plugs’ on the lines at the equipment pad, while my returns had them already. I now question if pressure testing on the bubbler lines and separately my spa lines ever happened during build since they don’t contain the plugs like my returns do. During build, are there various ways to pressure test lines or do the plugs indicate the testing most likely happened?

The usual technique during the build is all the pool stubs are capped and all the pipes at the equipment pad are ties together and the entire system is pressurized with a pressure gauge attached. The system is left that way until all work is completed so it can be identified if any workman caused a leak. Then after all other work is done the stubs with the caps are cut off and the equipment connected to the plumbing.

Youc an see pictures in the Under Construction section of plumbing connected that way for pressure testing.

Reactions: schwarz_lauren
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.