Marengo

Jun 26, 2022
Buffalo MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
K help!! And be nice! I mistakenly thought I should use muriatic to raise alkalinity! I added a total of 12 gallons in 3 days cuz it just wouldn't go up! I have now drained half the water, refilled, added 60lbs of baking soda, one box borax and one bag of alkalinity plus. I'm sure I've destroyed the pool and pump but maybe not. Should I just keep adding more and more baking soda until it goes up?

Don't bother with Borax, and the "Alkalinity Up" is just overpriced Baking Soda which you also used.
How is your pH and TA now? How are you testing??

We need more details- what type of pool? How many gallons? What is your pool finish- plaster, vinyl or fiberglass?

Maddie ☮️

Welcome to TFP Lisa! You're in good hands now. If it's of any comfort, just about everyone here stumbled onto this site with some story of their inexperience, because nobody is born knowing how to take care of their first pool! I'd been here a while, and carefully tested my water, then calculated the correct amount of chlorine to add, then poured in that amount of muriatic acid instead! It happens...

Just be sure to answer each question you've been asked above, thoroughly. While you're waiting for an answer, you might fill in your signature, which will really help our experts guide you through the fix. Something like mine is ideal. See if this link takes you to where you fill in the info we need:

https://www.troublefreepool.com/account/signature

Don't bother with Borax, and the "Alkalinity Up" is just overpriced Baking Soda which you also used.
How is your pH and TA now? How are you testing??

We need more details- what type of pool? How many gallons? What is your pool finish- plaster, vinyl or fiberglass?

Maddie ☮️
HTH test strips. Pool is just an easy set up Coleman. 7600 gallons if I'm doing my math right. 18' round×48"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.