Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Total Control PPC4
The Spa has been draining when the main pump is turned off, and filling back up in the pool. When I first got into this home, a couple weeks ago, I noticed someone had rotated the suction check valve 180 degree to prevent any suction from the spa side, which I assume was because the flapper check was worn and bleeding. It is a Waterway check valve, I have ordered two more flapper check assemblies, but these seem to always wear down within the season. At $22.00 a pop, is it worth just changing them out once a year?

After this swim season, should I just change them out? What brand does everyone recommend to go?

Attachments

• IMG_2805.jpg
    IMG_2805.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2804.jpg
    IMG_2804.jpg
    879.5 KB · Views: 9
I have a silly question...I replaced the flapper part of the waterway check valve, and screwed it back onto the body, since I have an in-floor cleaning system that also goes to the SPA, could that also be draining the water back down through the A&A low profile valve selector when the pump is not running? I cannot turn it off as the floor cleaning system is the only way to return water to the system for circulation. or do I need to pull the floor heads and check for good gasketing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.