kelli_rose

Mar 3, 2021
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have seen posts where others have asked “do I need to seal my waterline grout” - the answer seems to be no, and I understand why. But I’m wondering if I can seal the grout for cosmetic reasons, in order to prevent the grout color from darkening when it gets wet. Whenever we have a lot of activity in the pool and the water sloshes around, the grout gets wet up above the waterline and to me it almost looks like the grout is half dirty. I know a sealant would fix this but I’m having trouble finding the right kind to use, as most regular grout sealers aren’t labeled for use in pools. I saw one user mentioned beeswax so I’m considering that. Any other suggestions?

This is what Oceanside glass and tile sells for there glass tiles.... I use there tile install PDF to research and do everything for my all tile pool so as far as I know and can tell they know what they are talking about.. :)

the proof is in the video :)

Attachments

• POOL TILE INSTALATION RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf
    809 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.