WaterGuru

sean316

Silver Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Charlotte
I have a hard time comparing the shades for the ph and chlorine on the basic test kit and find myself using the FAS/DPD test to really know where my chlorine level is at. I decided to try the WaterGuru. Using the K-1000 I thought I was at 6 ppm and 7.4 for PH. I then tested using the FAS-DPD test and the result was 5 ppm. Testing with the WaterGuru, my results were 3.6 ppm and PH of 7.7. After one test I’m ok with the results. This is my first pool and it’s saltwater. I have had crazy swings trying to dial in the SWG so hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• CA1A7293-C6FE-4CEA-BA64-72059B116BD0.png
    CA1A7293-C6FE-4CEA-BA64-72059B116BD0.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 10
The K-1000 uses OTO (yellow) for measuring total chlorine (not free chlorine). It is well known to not be very accurate and most people only use it as a “presence of chlorine”.

The DPD test includes in your TF-100 uses titration to determine FC levels and is far more accurate as long as you are properly following testing procedures. The WaterGuru uses DPD as well but it attempts to measure FC by using a color sensor to match colors (colorimeter). As long as you can confirm that you are doing your titration test correctly, your drop test should be the most accurate answer. You’ll need to use the WaterGuru a little longer to see how it’s results match up with your titration testing.

Either pH method should give you accurate results as long as the pH sensor in the WG unit remains well calibrated. You should be comparing what you see in your TF-100 pH test with the WG output to make sure they are reasonably close.

The K-1000 uses OTO (yellow) for measuring total chlorine (not free chlorine). It is well known to not be very accurate and most people only use it as a “presence of chlorine”.

The DPD test includes in your TF-100 uses titration to determine FC levels and is far more accurate as long as you are properly following testing procedures. The WaterGuru uses DPD as well but it attempts to measure FC by using a color sensor to match colors (colorimeter). As long as you can confirm that you are doing your titration test correctly, your drop test should be the most accurate answer. You’ll need to use the WaterGuru a little longer to see how it’s results match up with your titration testing.

Either pH method should give you accurate results as long as the pH sensor in the WG unit remains well calibrated. You should be comparing what you see in your TF-100 pH test with the WG output to make sure they are reasonably close.

That pretty much lines up with how I test. If its dark yellow I know there is chlorine in the pool. Last night the WG showed 4.6 FC and and the titration test showed 5. I'm pretty sure I do the titration test properly, heaping scoop and add the drops till it turns clear while using the SpeedStir The PH I thought in the K-1000 test was at about 7.6 and WG showed 8.0. We have been getting a lot of rain the last couple days. I know water features causes PH to rise. Will the rain hitting the pool water cause the PH to go up or down?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.