Ste-Therese, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Haven't posted here in a while, hope everybody's allright!
Purchased a replacement to my 20-year-old Waterco titanium 85 heat pump last year, a Waterco Aquaheat XLR 80. It's basically a re-labeled copy of the original, except for the user interface which is now different and able to give error codes for user diagnostic. Worked fine last year all year, post-winter-turn-on is giving me a Sc2 error on screen.
According to the manual that error code means the intake temperature probe is either not connected properly or defective.
I'm unable to figure out which wire goes to the probe, which IS the probe, or if it can be fixed by myself.
I'd rather not have to pay 300$CAD to get a repairman in here.
I've contacted the retailer but enabling the warranty is gonna be long and I want my water heated ASAFP.
Any ideas?

I can only find a user manual for this unit that has limited information. Waterco USA seems to be based in Georgia. If sold and installed in the USA, you should have been left with both the user manual and the installation and service manual. The intstallation and service manual should have more information including the electrical schematic/diagram that is missing from the user guide. Just noticed that you are in Canada. Waterco Canada info:

Canada...Waterco​

208-1380 rue Newton
Boucherville, QC, J4B 5H2
Canada
p: + 1 (450) 748 1421
f: + 1 (450) 748 4365
w: About Waterco Canada - Waterco
e sales: [email protected] (English)
[email protected] (French)
If you do not have an installation and service manual, I would call them and request one. It would be very helpful if one was available online, but I don't seem to be able to find it.

Reactions: mknauss
Looks like I'm gettibg warranty coverage, but the sales company didnt offer warranty, had to go through the manufacturer. They found someone in my area (within a DAY!) and sending them today. At least ill get warm water soon. Still looking for my answer but I'll make sure to watch the dude like a hawk.

Ok, so finally had a tech come over to rep'ace the 10k sensor on the intake. Looks like the sensor is built-in to the wire and has its own connector. That was replaced through the ventilation exhaust. As the fan was removed, the guy also felt the fan and it was immovable -- the motor had apparently seized!
I was lucky enough that he was carrying one. Fan was replaced. However the impeller was a bit warped (i had extra problems with snowfall this year, it broke a lilac tree that was deteriorating, the branches fell on the machine, didnt knock but the weight warped the fan), so the jury's out on that one.
Then an another error code showed up: ot. Other temp sensor. That was replaced as well. As soon as it was plugged back in, everything started working!
As for the manual, i did find the same info. It will end up being useful down the road, I'm sure.
Thanks everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.