Water testing questions

Dirt Ball

Jun 6, 2021
Cumming, GA.
New to the forum and really like the pool math app.
I have a Taylor test kit, can’t remember the model, but I use it to test FC/ TC, pH, TA, CH & CYA.

The index card that came with my test kit indicates the ideal range for FC is 2-4 ppm. The target range is 9-15 ppm in the pool math app. I’ve tried to change the target range in my logs on pool math but it won’t accept the change. So my logs always show my FC to be low. Why the difference in target range between the index card in my test kit and pool math?

Thanks, DB

DB, once you load all of your pool info and levels, the APP provides ideal recommendations based on the FC/CYA Levels. The FC is always balanced according to the CYA as noted on that chart to avoid algae, so the generic industry recommendation of 2-4 would not apply.

It would be good to know which kit you have. If it's like the one below, it's more of a K-2005 and has limitations to higher FC testing with only the viewing blocks (yellow colors). You want the FAS-DPD to test higher FC levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.