Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Folks...

Had the pool opened this week. Temperatures have since dropped and now water temperature is 50 F. I have not turned on the heater as it will be a few weeks ie mid-May before the weather here will be consistent enough to entertain a comfortable swim. In the meantime, I'd like to clean some of the fine debris off the floor. Is the temp too cold for the robot. Thinking I will wait until the temp gets up above 65F but thought I'd ask your advice.

Thanks

AFAIK robots are fine in any water temperature over freezing.

Does the robot manual contain any cautions about water temperatures?

Reactions: Freddypop
My Active20 shows in the manual 6-34°C / 43-93°F
Thanks. Appreciate the input. Checked the manual and it also states 6-34°C / 43-93°F so looks like I'm good to go. Manual does state that wall climbing might be compromised below 59F. Was worried that the cooler temps might shorten the robot's life.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How do you get out of the pool without using the cable?
Yeah good question. I'm taking it as actually pulling the robot out of the pool by the cord instead of the handle after you initially used the cord to get it to the edge. I've always grabbed the handle because it doesn't seem like a good idea to hold a robot up by the cord (kind of the same way as not to unplug electronics by pulling on the cord) but now that you mentioned it, I'm sure it happens a lot.

You pull the robot to the surface with the cord. Then grab the handle and pull it out of the water. In the documentation, it states the same.

Reactions: catsncoffee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.