Water softener salt for saltwater conversion

Neto

Jun 10, 2019
Puerto Rico
My pool is brand new and i will be converting to salt after 30 days of new plaster. I can get 15 bags of dura cure water softener salt from one of my neighbors for $60 and seems like a good deal. Was wondering if this salt can be used on a new pool. I have read that you can use it on an existing pool to increase salinity but due to particle size, im wondering if it would be problematic for a new pool

That will be fine as long as it is 100% salt with no additives. Water softener salt is what I use. Salt is salt once it dissolves. BTW: That price is about what you'd pay at Home Depot for 10 bags or more anyway so don't feel like that is a spectacular deal. I pay $4 something per bag.

Dura Cube salt is compacted for hardness. Not really what you want to dissolve quickly. Don’t let salt sit on new plaster. Brush it around until it is fully dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.