• 1627525357322939995941096981065.jpg
    1627525357322939995941096981065.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 16
  • 16275253911068697857726780058029.jpg
    16275253911068697857726780058029.jpg
    832.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Love
Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude
@cowboycasey thanks! It'd look even better with the high resolution pictures I took, but I couldn't attach them to the thread (file size too big). Appreciative of your quick replies along with everybody else. I will be a TFP donor soon. Already saved me more money than a donation for sure!

Have we gone over how to *keep* it that way ? The FC/CYA Levels. Never approach minimum. Please allow me to quote Chris Tucker from Friday the 1st:
44BD453C-62D8-45A3-A6CC-BE821034F385.gif

So your pool will consume FC everyday. You’ll get to learn about how much. Plan on losing it the next day and dose to stay in target with that loss. There is tons of leeway above minimum, all the way to SLAM, as a matter of fact. There is no leeway, and nothing but a bullet train to pea soup if you go below minimum.
:)

• Love
Reactions: Hadiguy05
Have we gone over how to *keep* it that way ? The FC/CYA Levels. Never approach minimum. Please allow me to quote Chris Tucker from Friday the 1st:
View attachment 359470

So your pool will consume FC everyday. You’ll get to learn about how much. Plan on losing it the next day and dose to stay in target with that loss. There is tons of leeway above minimum, all the way to SLAM, as a matter of fact. There is no leeway, and nothing but a bullet train to pea soup if you go below minimum.
:)
My CYA is 80. My intention is to keep my FC at about 10 and set my SWCG to produce around 4 FC to replenish what's lost. I plan to use the pool math app to see what % output I need to produce that (assume its zero, set a target of 4 and see what is needed for near 24hr output). I'll monitor and adjust as needed if my FC loss is significantly less than 4FC a day. Seem reasonable?

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Seem reasonable?
Boom. Stupid clear pool forever.

early/late season you’ll lose less daily, If you guys are free all week and swimming like crazy you’ll use more. Etc etc. adjust as often as needed.

You really need a hot season, a cool season and a wet season. After that everything will fit somewhere in between and you’ll just use your spidey pool senses to instinctively adjust on the fly.

Ooooooh speaking of wet seasons…… If you aren’t running 24/7, Storms need to be mixed. If the pump is off for 12 (?) hours and cold 0 FC rain water is sitting on top, things go cloudy. For extended storms set it to mix every 3 hours when you have the advanced warnings that you know it’s for days or a tropical storm. If a flash flood storm pops up unannounced, get it mixed at your earliest convenience and don’t just wait for the pump to get it tomorrow.

Check back in ANYTIME you are unsure of ANYTHING. The only dumb question is one that isn’t asked. Plus, if you act while unsure about something you may end up with 2 or 3 problems. We’d so much rather only have 1 to help with. :)

If at any time, Like the FC is wonky, Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. We rule out Algae, and once it’s not, it’s much less of an emergency while we adjust the CYA or whatevs. In the time it takes to adjust whatever else it may be, you pay extra attention to the FC for that window and add FC manually so it stays a non-emergency.

With a CYA of 80 I keep my SWG FC at 7 at all times.. it works perfect and no issue for years now.. Like @Newdude says, once you get some seasons under you it is all good :)

With a CYA of 80 I keep my SWG FC at 7 at all times.. it works perfect and no issue for years now
+1. Once you know your daily trends you can lower the target from 10 as close as you wish. In the meantime the 3 extra FC will be your safety net when it’s a busy week or whatever life throws at you.

Yes I’m ‘extra’.

No I’m not sorry about it because I’m extra on your behalf. Just lookin out. :)

Also, Doing this now, or pretty soon at least, The SWG will end up overproducing when you miss an adjustment time. So it’s a GREAT time to learn as the season winds down because having a few extra FC will not hurt like having too little would in the first half of the season. So you’ll laugh when you catch it too late. FC is 15 ?????? Whoopsies !!! Lemme dial it down a skootch. But man oh man that water is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Lol.

@Newdude I'm planning on being a little conservative until I know how everything works, then I'll probably dial that FC 10 down just a little. I'm wanting to learn how things react when I add water, when I keep the cover closed (except for 2 hours to let it breath), swim a lot (lots of people in the pool), get a lot of rain, or temp drops.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
*also, The cover in itself will provide one heck of a safety net in a way. While covered it will be greatly reducing your losses, helping you get your Chris Tucker on about the minimum FC.

• Haha
@Newdude, that made me chuckle!
That’s what I do. I try to put people in a better mood so they are more open to attack the problem with a clean head. :)

to quote the late great Jack Sparrow, The problem is never the problem. The problem is your *attitude* about the problem.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.