Water slightly hazy/cloudy

I can still read the M600 on our robot. Thanks for 'clarifying'! 😁😁😁 have a great day TFP

Attachments

• 16262631208855034837856655458988.jpg
    16262631208855034837856655458988.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Newdude
I guess since we are on the topic, should I have SLAMed the pool right after filling it the first time? I made sure all of my levels were within the CYA/FC at all times. We've been in it for less than 3 weeks.

That reminds me. I need to update pictures in my pool build thread....

Thanks for 'clarifying'!
It sucks because even the thought of the thought makes us all sick to our stomachs.

We normally list 52 reasons *why* for everything else. This ‘you need to see bottom’ reason is arguably the most important of any reason for anything. As uncomfortable as it is to even think about, it needs to be thought about sometimes.

Anywho, back to less morbid, happy things !!

should I have SLAMed the pool right after filling it the first time? I made sure all of my levels were within the CYA/FC at all times. We've been in it for less than 3 weeks.
Anytime you even wonder that something isn’t rightOvernight Chlorine Loss Test

If you pass the OCLT it makes figuring out whatever else is going on less time sensitive and if it takes a week to figure out your cloudiness after adding calcium, or waiting for the pollen to take it’s sweet old time getting filtered, There’s no harm done.

Balance every year at startup and OCLT to prove its good to go if the water is clear from the start.

If it’s not clear just go right to SLaM

Reactions: Hadiguy05
Is it okay to use dry stabilizer (CYA). It's listed as 98.6% CYA, or should I use something different there?
Just turning to this question that I don't think was clearly answered.

If you meant is it ok to use dry stabilizer for your CYA, then absolutely. But you already have the right CYA. If on the other hand you meant can you use that to drop pH then the answer is NO. It's an acid but is not used for that purpose.

Reactions: Newdude
I've used dry stabilizer to get my CYA correct. Couldn't find MA so I had to use PH- once. I mixed it with water in a 5 gal bucket and added it slowly in different places. I've ordered MA to have at home.

Reactions: cowboycasey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OCLT came back at 0.5PPM and it's crystal clear and my CC is 0. So I think I'm good now.

I have another question though. So I see CYA/FC chart. I have a CYA of 70 which means I need a minimum FC of 6. I know I probably loose somewhere between 2 and 4 PPM of FC a day. I'm getting my SWCG set up as my FC comes back down. Should I target a FC of let's say 8 when I test early in the AM and then set my SWCG to where it produces 4 over the 24 hour period as a start and see where that gets me (using poolmath to tell me the output of my IC40)? Would TFP recommend a different approach?

• Love
Reactions: Snoobug
I target 7 FC with my SWG.. that is a great target.. I also run mine during the day to replenish what is being used by the pool and sun.. :)

@cowboycasey great! According to pool math id set my SWCG to 53% to generate 4 FC with a CYA of 70 starting at a FC of 0. So my logic would be when I get close 8, I'll set it to 53% and monitor the change in FC to see if it needs to go up or down.

Reactions: cowboycasey
@cowboycasey great! According to pool math id set my SWCG to 53% to generate 4 FC with a CYA of 70 starting at a FC of 0. So my logic would be when I get close 8, I'll set it to 53% and monitor the change in FC to see if it needs to go up or down.
That is exactly how to do it :)

Reactions: Hadiguy05

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.