Water slightly cloudy after being crystal clear

FirstVallartaPool

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2016
Puerto Vallarta mexico
Not sure why not crystal anymore. not bad but just not crystal like was a week ago. passed oclt. so no algea. i run pump approx hour and a half a day. with my pool size and pump filters entire pool almost twice approx in that run time. any ideas?
Here's my numbers as of now.
Fc 8
Cya 60
Ta 80
Ch 125
Ph 7.5

Numbers seem good?
Thanks!

When you say not crystal do you mean cloudy or not TFP clear? What kind of bather load have you had in it?

It would not hurt a thing to do a short SLAM and see if that does anything. You can also add some DE to your sand to help polish the water. There are links to both of these in the table of contents on the home page on the left hand side.

I would love to see a pic of how it looks now so I can see what you are dealing with.

Kim:kim:

Sorry i took pic but system wont let me upload? yes i mean slightly couldy and not tfp clear like before. i had a couple more people using it for 4 days then normal but fc i always kept 8. i have never used de but i have had luck with a couple capfuls of clarifier. particulaly helped when i was recovering from a slam. i could run the filter for 24 hours but electriciy is pricey down here so trying to avoid that.

I see them! When you have time see if you can use the IMG code to embed the pics in the post.

You have become a "pool snob" like the rest of us! Most people would not think there was anything wrong with your pics. "I can see the bottom so all is good" BUT you know how it can look! Good job!

Push the FC over night and see how it looks while you are looking for the DE. Make sure it is for pools and NOT food grade. There is a difference.

Dang i am spoiled ! and i owe it all to this forum due to great helpful people like you. ok i just went to slam level for overnight and i will look for de in morn. approx how much do i need to buy?
Also regarding slight cloudiness in first pic and like it was before crystal in second pic any idea what would cause this? suntan lotion sweat people etc?
Thanks Kim!

The suntan lotion and people can and WILL cause this. Some of us (me included) push the FC up to just under SLAM level when we know we will have a large group of people especially when we know there will be kids as you and I both know what they leave behind :rolleyes: When the group leaves we push it to SLAM level overnight and go from there.

DE-you will not need much BUT so far we have only been able to find it in the larger boxes. It is not heavy but is bulky. They sell it for those use use it in the filter that use DE instead of sand or cartridges.

just back from pool store an they only sell de in 50lb bags. so not sure maybe i will add a little clarifier i had luck with before, or do u think i should just leave it and eventually the pump running for a couple hours a day will bring it back to tfp water?Also i now know when guests are over for 4 or 5 days i ramp up fc levels just before they arrive and overnight slam when they leave. these guests had no kids but im pretty sure they used this small pool alot.
When back in toronto maybe i will have better luck finding smaller de package i can bring down here when back.
Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
25 lbs is the smallest I have been able to find. Like Bob said, it will last forever! One of your neighbors might have bought some to do what you want to do so....never hurts to ask.

The filter might do the job on it's own but will be faster with the DE.

update...I'm back to tfp water! yay. i did as you said that night and added bleach to slam level overnight ... now 4 days later tfp crystal is back..still was only running filter for a couple of hours a day. check out the additional photo i added. i believe that one night slam killed the matter and 3 days later dropped to the bottom as can be seen in photo. i imagine similar to the chemical pool stores sell ...flock?..I did add a little clarifier as well fwiw.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.