Water scorpions

Usually bugs and water scorpions eat algae and lay eggs in algae. How is your pool health and readings ?
And are there a usual bug in where you live?
The pool had algae two weeks back
But it’s all cleared up but we see these bugs a lot. My wife doesn’t like them but they don’t bother me.
I live in Florida and next to ocean so sometimes I get strange stuff .

One time came home and a crab was in the pool.

A bird had dropped it

Reactions: Bosley
The pool had algae two weeks back
But it’s all cleared up but we see these bugs a lot. My wife doesn’t like them but they don’t bother me.
I live in Florida and next to ocean so sometimes I get strange stuff .

One time came home and a crab was in the pool.

A bird had dropped it
Do you also have grass around your pool or near it ?

For the most part, keeping enough chlorine in the pool will discourage bugs. You could even elevate your chlorine say maybe 50% above TFP guidelines for a week and see if that takes care of them.

I would not encourage you to spray your grass with chemistry for this normally very short period before they go away.

For the most part, keeping enough chlorine in the pool will discourage bugs. You could even elevate your chlorine say maybe 50% above TFP guidelines for a week and see if that takes care of them.

I would not encourage you to spray your grass with chemistry for this normally very short period before they go away.

We used to have a lot of those bugs last year. When I found TFP I only found one of those bugs with the correct chemistry of my water. We have alot of grass around the pool.
For the OP :
Get your pool chemicals right wait a bit and then you think about grass chemicals. Nothing harmful as we do it some times when it is needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bumping up the chlorine should help..... or, start your own business - apparently there is a market for them.
Google - water scorpions for sale. Who would have guessed?

Bumping up the chlorine should help..... or, start your own business - apparently there is a market for them.
Google - water scorpions for sale. Who would have guessed?
Lol

Ya I was using my hands to throw them out and one almost bit me. I didn’t know what they were. My wife looked them up and they apparently sting when they bite.

So then used the net.

There was at least 10 or more.

They were hiding on the ladder and because my pool is really dark it’s hard to see their black bodies.

I read that you can sell them,
I guess that is one retirement option heh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.