Water out of balance

Jul 14, 2018
MECHANICVILLE/NY
Hi everyone,
I uncovered our Intex 18x52 last Friday the 21st. I've been trying to get it in shape for the kids to swim. I took water to our local testing place this morning and these were the results:
Free chlorine 0.37
Total chlorine 3.42
Combined Chlorine 3.05
PH 7.3
Alkalinity 100
Calcium Hardness 14
CYA 5
Total iron 0.1
Copper 0.2

We have the sand filter that came with the pool when we bought it last summer. I've attached pictures of what the water currently looks like. It was much greener when I uncovered it on Friday. Any tips how to clear up the water? I'm new to figuring this stuff out. The only testing kit I have is Poolmaster 5 way tester. Is there a better one I should invest in? I would love to have clear sparkling water for my kids to play in all summer.

Attachments

• 20200526_114253.jpg
    20200526_114253.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 2
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit, see Test Kits Compared. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.