Water not heating enough through solar panels

imranmoin

Apr 27, 2021
San Jose / California
The water in my 20K gallon pool is not heating enough through the solar panels. I have 9 solar panels and the pump runs for about 6 hours every day. I get plenty of sun during the day. I have a 1 horsepower fixed speed pump, and I read somewhere that it might not be pumping enough water up the solar panels. Do you think upgrading to a 3 horsepower variable speed pump will result in heating the water more? Also, would you recommend Intellipro or Intelliflo pump?

If you run your pump 10 hours a day would it heat it? To get more heat you would run the pump longer or get more panels...

I think you are trying to go to a VS pump to save money on power but the solar panels require a certain flow to work.. The VS would save you money if you could push the same amount of water at 1800 rpm instead of 3800 rpm like now...

Reactions: imranmoin
What size are the panels?

What is the pump make/model?

What is the height of the panels relative to the pump?

What is the filter pressure without solar running and with solar running?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.