Water not crystal clear

d73805

May 20, 2021
Long Island, NY
So, fairly suddenly, my water is not crystal clear. I wouldn't go so far as to say hazy, but it's dull. I can very clearly see the bottom. My wife thinks it has a green tinge, but I think it's because of the blue liner. I'm not sure if I should be concerned.

I don't have my log book with me, so I can't give exact number. These are the approx levels
FC is on the high side, 9ppm
CC is zero, or at least, less than .5
PH is 7.8
TA is up close to 100
CH I don't normally test, as it's a vinyl pool. Should I?
CYA is 70-80
My salt is low, about 2800ppm.

Some other possible useful information
My filters were cleaned about 5 weeks ago. The pressure gauge shows very low pressure.

It recently rained REALLY hard. The water looked great before the rain. The pool level was up close to the top of the skimmer intake. I drained some yesterday. It's now a bit above the middle of the intake port. Maybe it hasn't been filtering properly since the rain?

The bottom return pressure seems very weak, but I've never noticed what it was in the past. Should it be strong? I have strong flow at the jets on the wall, and on the waterfall when I turn it on. Even if I shut off all the other returns, the bottom return is very weak, but I have no reference as to how strong the flow should be.

Any ideas? Thanks.

^^^^ +1. *anytime* you suspect *anything* about non TFP clarity, Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

if you pass we have more time to figure out other possibilities like the high PH as suggested above. Which isn’t it this time, but might be next time.

Here are some pictures. The clearer close up is the shallow end, the one with the robot is the deep end.
There's a fair amount of some kind of sediment. If I push it with a brush, it comes up like a plume of dust then settles.

My PH was 8.0 when I tested it last night, but my results may be skewed because it was night and I had bad lighting.

Attachments

• Teracube_20210818_064319_4.jpg
    Teracube_20210818_064319_4.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Teracube_20210818_064329_2.jpg
    Teracube_20210818_064329_2.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Teracube_20210818_064357_5.jpg
    Teracube_20210818_064357_5.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 23

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.