Water Mold or just Pollen?

Sep 8, 2015
Union, NJ
Hello,
Just opened up the pool last week and had crystal clear water thanks to some help from this forum over the years. My chemicals are now completely balanced and my chlorine is holding pretty well. The last few days I noticed clear/white substance floating on the top. I've been trying to skim it off but seems like so much and very hard to get it all. I don't know if this is just pollen collecting on top and just needs to be skimmed all day or is it something greater. When I look at the net it does seem to be plant matter but I'm just not sure and doesn't seem to be filtering out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

It's most likely pollen. I have the same thing going on -- flat whitish flecks in the surface. I know it's not white water mold because my FC is 6, my CC is 0, and I brush my pool every day to knock out dead zones (I had a run-in with Saprolegnia last year). Mold puts little filaments in the water. If you don't have any of those, it's pollen. All you can do is skim and put a sock on your skimmer basket to catch it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.