Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Hi all,

I have a new 14x28" pool installed last fall. I noticed the pool is losing 3/4" to 1" of water every 24 hours. I tested with pump on and off and water loss is consistent. I also noticed that water loss seems to stop around bottom of the skimmer.

Pool company came and inspected and do not see any issues, and are saying that it's likely evaporation. Important note that pool has an autocover which is on nearly all of the time. I just dont see how we would lost that much water to evaporation with a cover on.

Any suggestions? Is it possible this is really evaporation? I end up filling up pool every 2 days or so to ensure there is sufficient water level for filter.

Thanks,

Joe

Welcome to the forum!
If you have the pool covered, especially at night, there will be very little evaporation.
The fact it stops dropping at the skimmer says the leak is at that level.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

I recently discovered my pool had a small leak when the pool was over-filled. Using some dye in a syringe and a pair of goggles I stuck my head in the water and methodically released tiny threads of dye around the tile line until I saw it getting sucked in. Turns out there was a small leak where the skimmer meets the tile. I drained the pool a bit, mixed up some EZ Patch grout and re-grouted that transition. That seemed to do the trick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.