Water Loss Tracking

Jun 7, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
I recently had a repair done on two skimmers which were both leaking somewhere over 20 gallons per day. When I was first looking at the problem, a lot of standing water had formed at my fence line after a heavy rain. It was going very far into my neighbors yard. At the very start, I dug out a 4' trench about 3' deep and started pumping water to another area in the yard. About 3 days after the skimmer repair, that trench had gone bone dry. Right now, I'm in a rare state where I know there is no (or almost no) water leaking from the pool.

Right now (late September, 18,000gl, pool has no shade, no rain in 3 weeks or so, TX), I'm running that pool sprinkler zone about 12 minutes every 4 days. I'm not a fan of bucket tests. Always hated leaving the pump off for 24 hours in the middle of a pool season.

What I've started wondering is if there's an App to track pool water loss. Considering the different methods of adding a water to a pool, I was thinking you would need to be able to enter gallons or "minutes" of water added. Maybe the app goes out and grabs: The number of sunlight hours, inches of rain, humidity, overcast level, etc. Then maybe it gives you some kind of "water loss" score and lets you compare conditions and "water added" by moth or year.

What are ya'll doing to see water losses behond normal evaporation (other than bucket tests, or digging a deep hole in a low spot to look for water)?

I'm not a fan of bucket tests. Always hated leaving the pump off for 24 hours in the middle of a pool season.

No reason to leave the pump off for 24 hours during the bucket test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.