Water Looks "Dirty?"

ALABABA

Jun 2, 2019
INDIANAPOLIS
The pool tests OK the last two times I took a water sample to the pool store, although it was cloudy. I was told the cloudiness was caused by rain. It still tests OK on the test strip, and if I take a glass of water out it's perfectly clear; however, the cloudiness has now turned to a blue but dirty look that makes it impossible to see the bottom. I tried adding clarifier last night, but this morning no change.

Welcome and sorry your pool is cloudy.

I would suggest lots of reading on the pool school (top left) of the page. This site is really about testing your own water with a good test kit, and adding only the chemicals you need.

My guess is that the cloudiness is algae and you need chlorine to kill it and clear it up. When you are reading up, the SLAM process is what is recommended here to clear up algae.

Take a peek at those and decide if TFP is for you. The advice you will receive here is different than you are going to get at a pool store. We would love to help you and hope you read up and post more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.